- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry and Biology, Whitworth College, Spokane, WA, 1989
- Medical Degree earned with honors from University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, 1993
- Board Certification in both Anesthesiology and in Pain Management
- Diplomat of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the United States Medical Licensure Examiners.
- He was employed in 1998 with the Institute of Pain Management and served on staff at Baptist Medical Center as a consultant in pain management.
- Dr. Roberts founded the Jacksonville Spine Center in the year 2000 specializing in interventional pain management.
- Chief of Pain Management Services at Baptist Medical Center, Beaches, 2005-2006
- Dr. Roberts was the first physician in North Florida to perform Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy (IDET).
- He continues to specialize in the applications of Neuromodulation (spinal cord stimulation) and advanced implant therapies in the field of interventional pain management.
- He currently serves as an educational speaker and clinical instructor of implantation workshops for Medtronic, Inc. (manufacturers of spinal cord stimulators – as found in Jerry Lewis).
- He also has extensive trial expertise and is highly respected as an expert medical witness in the legal community.
- Dr. Roberts has authored many research presentations, one of his most popular is “Elvis Presley: Medical Fact or Fiction.”
- Dr. Roberts and his wife have four children. He enjoys fishing, boating, cars and spending time with his family.