- Bachelor’s Degree from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006
- Medical Degree from Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, MI, 2010
- Anesthesiology Residency at University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, 2014
- Pain Medicine Fellowship at University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 2015
- Board certified in Anesthesiology and Interventional Pain Medicine
- Diplomat of the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Dr. Hanes specializes in interventional pain medicine for the treatment of chronic pain.
- He is the leading expert in dorsal root ganglion stimulation in Northeast Florida
- He is a strong proponent of improving education in the field of interventional pain management. He teaches at national conferences and has published multiple research papers and book chapters with the goal of improving patient care and safety.
- Education Liaison for the North American Neuromodulation Society Residents and Fellows Section (2014-2015)
- Chief Pain Medicine Fellow (2014-2015)
- Chief Anesthesiology Resident (2013-2014)
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Florida Society of Anesthesiologists
- Florida Medical Association
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- Hayek SM, Veizi E, Hanes MC. Intrathecal hydromorphone and bupivacaine combination therapy for post-laminectomy syndrome optimized with patient-activated bolus device. Pain Medicine. 2015.
- Hayek SM, Veizi E, Hanes MC. Treatment-limiting complications of percutaneous spinal cord stimulator implants: A review of eight years of experience from an academic center database. Neuromodulation. 2015 Oct;18(7):603-9.
- Hayek SM, Hanes MC, Wang C, Veizi IE. Ziconotide combination intrathecal therapy for non-cancer pain is limited secondary to delayed adverse effects: A case series with 24-month follow-up. Neuromodulation. 2015 Jul;18(5):397-403.
- Hayek SM, Hanes MC. Intrathecal therapy for chronic pain: Current trends and future needs. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2014 Jan 18; 18(1):388.
- Larkin LM, Hanes MC, Kayupov E, Claflin DR, Faulkner JA, Brooks SV. Weakness of whole muscles in mice deficient in Cu, Zn superoxide dismutase is not explained by defects at the level of the contractile apparatus. AGE. 2012 June 14.
- Hanes MC, Weinzweig J, Panter KE; McClellan WT, Caterson SA, Buchman SR, Faulkner JA, Yu D, Cederna PS, Larkin LM. The effect of cleft palate repair on contractile properties of single permeabilized muscle fibers from congenitally cleft goat palates. Ann Plast Surg. 2008 Feb;60(2):188-93.
- Hanes MC, Weinzweig J, Kuzon WM, Panter KE, Buchman SR, Faulkner JA, Yu D, Cederna PS, Larkin LM. Contractile properties of single permeabilized muscle fibers from congenital cleft palates and normal palates of Spanish goats. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007 May; 119(6): 1685-94.
- Dr. Hanes and his wife moved from Cleveland to Jacksonville in 2015 to be closer to family.
- He is a University of Michigan football fan and spends his free time lifting weights and going on walks with his wife.